Sunday, January 10, 2010

sunday

sunday is my sleeping-in day. meaning i get up when i want and i start running when i want. saturday i try to work it out so me and homey can run together, but sunday is usually just me. after a big bowl of oatmeal and fruit, i got myself ready and drove over to the humber valley trail on duffy's south. it was a beauty of a day and the sun was nice and warm. i had thrown the dions in the car just in case. trail conditions were amazing - it was like a huge pack of people on snowshoes had stomped it down - best so far this winter! i made my way over to the north end before heading back. just as i topped the homey shite hill and was approaching my car, i came across my good friend lexi-girl ! she was just starting out on her snowshoes. 'hay, wait up' i said, 'i'll go throw mine on and join you' !!


she had done the mega-day 3 hour bike training with greg pace on saturday, and didn't seem to notice how slow i was!!! we had a great time but eventually had to turn back so she could get to her nieces' birthday party. soooooo good to see her!!


i felt i still had a bit left in me, so i decided to run down to the tennis courts and back. again, footing was good and i made it in half decent time. another saweet day of training out in the snow for a total of 3 and a half hours. one more big running weekend left and then it's time to taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment