Sunday, November 29, 2009

prep for texas

it has to be done. i love my hills - BUT - there really aren't any where i'm going in texas - SO - i have to practise running flat to get my poor old muscles prepared. ack! and i just KNOW that this will almost kill me. so, despite the temp reading -2, and the ice on the puddles in the driveway, i dug another pair of shorts out of the drawer, threw them on, and set my mind to running on the rail trail. i figured i'd have to go as far as horseshoe hill road and back to get in my 15 miles. AND, i'd better be bloody sure to have my ipod all charged up!!!

you know what, it wasn't all that bad. there were actually a lot of people out on the trail today, so that kept me distracted. and, for sure i was the only one not all bundled up in tights and a toque, and that got me some strange looks! woo hoo - pylons rock! got my 15 miles done in just under 2 1/2 hours, and was greeted by miss zoey as i wobbled my way down the steps to the treehouse.


so i'm done for the week. i'm stiff and i'm tired. but life is good and there are still a ton of trails to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment