Wednesday, December 9, 2009

big bang theory

first of all, big thanks to all of you who expressed mutual annoyance that i didn't get into western states. i truly do appreciate that you get what it meant to me.

second, i haven't run since last saturday. this has been more difficult than when i quit smoking almost 20 years ago. i am ready to snap. i am miserable. i am getting fat. i went to see moose on wednesday and tried for a compromise. he said we already did, in that he originally wanted me to stay off my feet for a month. so then i asked if we could renegotiate. he said no. i might have to offer bribes next. i seriously am losing my mind. georgie asked how my injuries were, and if i was worried. i replied that i was worried about taking 2 weeks off and not killing someone! you remember georgie - he was supposed to contribute to this blob too! see, i am crabby! but enough. i am at day 5 so far.
and what HAVE i been doing?? well, let's see. sunday i bundled up and took my single speed out on the rail trail for over 2 hours. that helped a bit, as the constant pedaling was similar to my running cadence. as for the rest of the week, i've been on my trainer. in all i've put in just over 4 hours and i've watched something like 10 episodes of 'the big bang theory'. i'm happy to report that sheldon is the new love of my life, and that my ass callouses are back in fine form.

not sure how much longer i can do this. let's see what the weekend brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment