Thursday, December 31, 2009

no wonder my feet are sore . . .

so the week started out pretty rough! something i ate sunday evening sure didn't agree with me, and as a result, i was up most of the night, lost my record of not throwing up for 20 years - yep, 20 years - take that seinfeld - eventually slept all day monday, and lost 7 pounds. man, that was nasty! i can't remember the last time i was sick. i actually had to cancel all my clients - not that they really minded, although they were concerned. thanks to little bernie and miss liz'bet for offering the homemade soup, and my sweet glp friend for feeding me on tuesday. i didn't have much energy for a couple of days, so i took it easy. wednesday i wasn't sure how it would go, but i decided to try. i threw the dions in my pack and headed out from humber station towards hwy 9. actually made it almost through glenn haffy before turning back. felt pretty good!! must have been all the sleep, resting my poor body, and the loss of weight! hehe! footing was okay, so i didn't need my snowshoes.


and because tradition must be upheld, i did an easy 6 on the humber to close out 2009. here's a wintery view of the fern garden - the glp's fave spot.


yeehoo!


when i got home, i was curious, so i added up my miles for the year. survey says: 2,362 !! so like i said, 'no wonder my feet are sore!' think i'll put em up for a bit and give em a rest . . . ha! who am i kidding!!


happy new year my friends - may i have inspired at least some of you to get out and be crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment