Sunday, December 20, 2009

yessssssssssssss

so finally, after 7 1/2 hours of running over the weekend, i am officially out of my pissy mood and am smiling at nothing. i even went and did some dreaded christmas shopping!
first order of business on sunday was to try out my NEW DION SNOWSHOES! after talking to spaff yesterday, i took his advice and loaded up a backpack with my NEW DION SNOWSHOES. he suggested i gradually get used to them, instead of just hammering out 5 or 6 hours right from the start. oh puh-lease, would 'i' do that??? anyways, i drove over to duffys' south and headed out on foot with my yaks towards duffys' north. it was a beauty of a day and the sunshine was overwhelming.


i hit duffys' north in record slow time, but didn't really care. i was lovin it. took a little breather and some water before heading back.


once i hit castlederg, i removed the yaks, and threw on my NEW DION SNOWSHOES. sweet tunderin jesus - they are fucking amazing! it took me maybe 5 minutes to get used to them and then it was like i wasn't even wearing them. i didn't slip once and my ankles were singing! i did show some restraint and wore them only back to my car, but man was i tempted. from there i put the yaks back on and ran down towards the tennis courts. i dropped in briefly to see christine and then carried on over to the grumpy little portuguese's. my good buddy wayne and the glp's husband billie were just heading out for a ride into albion. they asked if i would drive over and stamp a trail down for them!! haha, nice try guys!!



after a rather scattered training session with the glp, i threw my shoes back on and finally made my way back to the car. total time out today was just over 3 hours. again, huge thanks to derrick spafford for providing me with just the right toy to get me through another winter of trying to run in the snow. you da best !
'life is good'

2 comments: